The 11th International Conference on "Energy and Climate Change" will take place at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens - NKUA on 10-12 October 2018, in Athens, Greece and is set under the auspices of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Organization (BSEC). The Conference is divided into three (3) main parts.
- The first is devoted to the 3rd "Green Energy Investments" Forum aiming to bring together policy and decision makers to explore opportunities for investment that promote the transition to a low carbon economy.
- The second "Scientific Sessions" is devoted to peer - viewed presentations and discussions on relevant to energy and climate change research topics, as in all previous years.
- Third is shaped as a "Brokerage session" that will bring together scientists, policy makers and market stakeholders and facilitate them to present their activities (projects and programs), discuss about funding opportunities, in the context of Horizon 2020 calls and finally to increase the cross-interaction on innovative ideas and cooperation on common importance topics.
The PROMITHEAS Conference started as an activity of a FP6 funded project and has developed as an annual Conference for scientists and researchers working in energy and climate change policy issues. The 1st PROMITHEAS Conference titled "Energy Investments and Trade Opportunities" in 2008 was a two-day event focused on political and scientific topics.
All events are hosted by the oldest university of Greece, the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA); organized by the Energy Policy and Development Centre (KEPA) of the NKUA, coordinator of the "PROMITHEAS Network", the "BSEC-Green Energy Network" and set under the aegis of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) and of the United Nations Academic Impact.
The Energy Policy and Development Centre (KEPA), coordinator of the "PROMITHEAS Network" and the "BSEC-Green Energy Network", is an academic research institute (within the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens). The PROMITHEAS Network includes members from sixteen (16) countries of S.E. Europe, Black Sea, Caspian Sea and Central Asia. KEPA is a member of the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) since December 2011.
The "BSEC-Green Energy Network" that functions under the supervision of the BSEC - PERMIS receives members not only from the BSEC member states but also from the BSEC Observers and Sectoral Dialogue Partners, as well.
Themes and Topics
PROMITHEAS network invites scientists, researchers, PhD candidates and engineers from the academic, scientific, engineering and industrial sectors to participate and contribute in promoting and disseminating scientific knowledge.
Participants are welcomed to submit abstracts relevant to the following themes/ topics or to combinations of them. All topics can be related to policy, market and technological issues. Indicative, but not exclusive topics are the following:
A: Environment - Climate Change
- Environmental Pollution
- Sustainable Development
- Conventional fuels (oil, gas, coal, lignite)
- Renewable Energy Sources (solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, biomass, waste, tidal wave, hydrogen)
- Biofuels and Bioenergy
- Energy efficiency and conservation