In Mexico, 79% of start-ups pursue an opportunity and 56% of young founders are motivated to improve their income or quality of life.
Grow your business, Not your inbox
Stay up to date and subscribe to our daily newsletter now!
4 min read
This article has been translated from our Spanish edition using AI technologies. Errors can occur due to this process.
Visualizing your own business or company is the dream of thousands of young people to do what they want without neglecting their personal life. In addition, the goal of many students today is to achieve success accompanied by unforgettable experiences.
According to the 2015/16 National Report of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, the majority of entrepreneurs around the world are driven more by opportunity (as a voluntary alternative to entrepreneurship) than by necessity (as a forced choice due to lack of employment). In Mexico, 79% of startups pursue an opportunity drive and 56% are motivated by the expectation of an improvement in their income or quality of life.
And while running the company is not an easy task, there is a percentage who choose to trust their strengths and skills to make their dream a reality, and not stop until they see results. Next up are the key characteristics that you need to have as an entrepreneur so you can see what you need or what you need to reinforce:
1. You have to be willing to learn. That said, knowing how to accept advice, opinions, and even working methods, each person can specialize in something and thus help you promote your business idea.
2. Trust your business idea. There will be many people who will try to discourage you by telling you that your idea is not a good one. However, if you have already analyzed strengths and weaknesses in addition to the opportunities and threats you find in the market, don't stop.
3. Think of innovative ideas. This is important, you might think that everything already exists in the market, but people's needs are always changing. Did you see the opportunity? take it and start developing it.
4. Have security. When you instill confidence and confidence in making decisions and talking to customers, it will make it easier for people to trust your project and get the support they need from your work team and outside people.
People's needs are constantly changing. Did you see the opportunity? / Image: Depositphotos.com
5. Make room for creativity. The minds behind large international companies have not stopped at the possibilities. Capture everything you imagine in this way. You can evaluate the pros and cons in order to implement your idea.
6. Be ambitious. The more short- and medium-term goals you have, the more you can add small achievements that will bear the expected fruits over time. Ambition doesn't mean chasing money, it means knowing that your project can improve and make a difference every day in the market.
7. Be passionate. Doing what you want will give you the boost you need to develop your business idea.
8. Have a leadership spirit. You need to be able to influence others in order to achieve the goals you aspire to as an entrepreneur and thereby encourage your colleagues to continue on the road to success.
9. Take the initiative. It is good that you have a lot of business ideas, but analyze those that are feasible and those that are not. Keep your feet on the ground. If you leave ideas in the air, they will likely stay as good intentions.
10. Solve problems quickly. As mentioned above, the path of entrepreneurship is not easy and thousands of problems can arise on your path to success. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain control and a cool head in order to solve any challenge.
Are you sticking to all of them or do you need to step up some? Remember that the application of your project, and not just an idea, requires improving skills that are innate or can be acquired through practice and experience.